The Men of the Church (MOC) offers fellowship, Bible studies and activities for men of all ages.
Breakfast - Meets the 2nd Sunday of each month at 7 AM in the Fellowship Hall for Breakfast and Devotion.
The Mission of Presbyterian Men:
To lead men into a vital relationship with
Christ and to assist them in their spiritual,
personal and community development.
- To lead men into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To deepen the spiritual life of men through Christian fellowship which finds expression in mission.
- To cultivate participation in programs and projects enabling men to serve Christ in their congregations and communities.
- To develop effective leadership skills which men can use to fulfill the ministry to which we are called in our families, in our daily work and in our community.
- To equip men to meet the mission needs and social challenges of a world in need of reconciliation.
Bible Study - Meets 1st and 3rd Saturday Mornings each month at 8:00 AM in the Office Conference Room. Taught by Doug Brandes, the first study is Ruth, followed by Samuel, Kings and Chronicles. See Bible Studies tab under GROW.
Max Pfister Humanitarian Scholarship - This scholarship is named in memory of Max Pfister. Max was a successful businessman, husband and father of three. He was an active member of Siler Presbyterian Church. Max served on many committees, was a member of the Men of the Church, an elder and a deacon. If you knew Max, you knew he believed in helping others and his community.
After his death, the Men of the Church wanted to honor him for his thoughtfulness and his willingness to always help others. This scholarship was established to help any student that wants to attend a technical school, community college, or junior college. Applications are available in March-April of each year, also under FORMS (left column near the bottom) and financial needs, as expressed by the candidate, is a signifcant consideration in awarding scholarships.
Men's Christian Rallies
Barbeque Fundraiser - Chicken & Pork Barbeques are held every spring and fall, and these fundraisers draw a crowd!
Grounds-sprucing Clean-up Days
Golf Tournament - Each spring, our Men of the Church and Youth Ministry Coordinator Dave Childs sponsor a golf tournament to raise funds for REACH youth service projects. Some of our foursomes play often, some play only once a year at this event. But everyone has a great time!
Click for Photos of the tournaments.