Chair - Jane Lutz
Session Rep - Kent Millsaps & Becky Harkey
- Target membership is 6-10 people.
- Skills needed to serve include a heart for hospitality and organization, time management and communications skills.
- Chairman – Calls and conducts meetings, provides general leadership; ensures Session liaison has committee updates. Members serve a two-year term and no more than two consecutive terms.
- Vice-Chairman – Conducts meetings in absence of chairman; succeeds chair to lead committee.
- Secretary / Communications – Record minutes, send to chair for distribution; communicate with (future) communications committee for publicizing events.
The Fellowship Committee glorifies God and serves in the crossroads by developing and implementing an organized program of Christian fellowship for the congregation.
: Monthly (4th
Sunday at 3 p.m.)
- Annual celebration of Siler’s founding, held the 2nd Sunday in October.
- Covered dish luncheon
- Fellowship Committee provides main meats (to supplement the covered dishes), set up and clean up.
- Ice Cream Social
- Old-fashioned home-made ice cream event encouraging members to bring churns of ice cream to celebrate summer.
- Fellowship committee advertises, sets up and cleans up.
- Fellowship committee gets additional toppings, if needed.
- Lemonade on the Lawn
- Generally held in late spring (after colleges are out and before local schools are out for the summer)
- Fellowship activity immediately after the 11 a.m. service allowing members and visitors to enjoy a quick visit with homemade lemonade and cookies before they head home for the afternoon.
- Fellowship committee purchases lemons and sugar and makes the homemade lemonade the day before the event.
- Fellowship committee purchases cookies (approximately 2 per attendee)
- Fellowship committee advertises, sets up, serves and cleans up.
- Wednesday Night Suppers
- Weekly dinners during the fall (approximately late September until mid-November) and during winter (approximately mid-January until March) to encourage meals with friends and for meeting new attendees.
- Fellowship committee responsible for 6 weeks of dinners each time period (6 in fall, 6 in winter) (This includes budget covering the difference between donations for meals and the actual cost of the meals.)
- Fellowship committee coordinates advertising
- Fellowship committee coordinates Sunday School classes for set up / clean up
- Fellowship committee helps with set up / cleanup as needed
- Doughnuts 1st & 3rd Sundays
- Held between services, donuts and coffee are just a time for young and old to gather and catch up on the day and week.
- Food donations to support local missions are collected during Doughnut Sundays.
- See addendum for the process for ordering doughnuts, picking up doughnuts and providing milk and juice.
- Coffee & Tea
- Weekly between services – a time for young and old to gather and catch up on the day and week.
- Fellowship committee responsible for ensuring there are enough coffee/tea supplies, including coffee, tea, condiments and paper products.
- Making coffee / clean-up is the responsibility of the Property Deacon of the month
- Operational Support for kitchen
- Ordering and tracking supplies needed to support Fellowship Committee activities.
Susan Osborne – Chair Perry Somers – Session Member
Jane Lutz – Vice Chair Joyce Plyler – Session Member
Sam Wall Cheryl Horner
Beverly Earp Connie Ingram
Mary Waller Vann Walters
Ann Rodgers Leigh Granger
OPEN – is this you?