Chair - Rick Beaulieu
Session Rep - Rick Beaulieu
- Target membership is 6-10 people.
- Skills and Interests:
- Skills for researching issues involved in worship.
- Sensitivity to what makes worship effective.
- Interest in music and other worship-related arts.
- Ability to work with other volunteers and committees
- Chairman – Calls and conducts meetings, provides general leadership; ensures Session liaison has committee updates. Members serve a two-year term and no more than two consecutive terms.
- Vice-Chairman – Conducts meetings in absence of chairman; succeeds chair to lead committee.
- Secretary / Communications – Record minutes, send to chair for distribution; communicate with (future) communications committee for publicizing events.
The Worship Committee glorifies God by providing for and facilitating reverent worship which should include the reading of Scripture, sound preaching and hearing of the word, singing of hymns and spiritual songs, proper administration of the sacraments, and prayer with thanksgiving.”
- Evaluate the worship experience and research new ideas for worship.
- Work closely with the Pastor and Choir Director in providing music for all services.
- Assist Pastor in planning for special services.
- Provide for Pulpit Supply
- Schedule and train Acolytes
- Schedule and coordinate Communion / Sacraments
- Oversee the flower schedule
- Arrange for ushers for each service. The ushers assist in the setup of the sanctuary each Sunday.
- Arrange for greeters for each service. (consider moving this to Fellowship Committee)