Global Missions Committee
Chair - Tim Sieges
Session Rep - Tim Sieges
- Target membership is 6-10 people.
- Skills needed to serve include a heart for missions and service.
- Chairman – Calls and conducts meetings, provides general leadership; ensures Session liaison has committee updates. Members serve a two-year term and no more than two consecutive terms.
- Vice-Chairman – Conducts meetings in absence of chairman; succeeds chair to lead committee.
- Secretary / Communications – Record minutes, send to chair for distribution; communicate with (future) communications committee for publicizing events.
Mission Statement: To focus on the scriptural purpose of the Great Commission by encouraging and supporting missionaries overseas, establishing short term mission trips and educating and informing the Siler congregation.
Meeting Frequency: Monthly
- Pray regularly and encourage the congregation to pray for the missionaries Siler supports.
- Develop and promote relationships between Siler and missionaries.
- Pledge to provide annual support to selected missionaries.
- Distribute emergency care as deemed appropriate (financial or other).
- Spearhead efforts to provide financial gifts or care packages to selected missionaries.
- Reach out to mission agencies to identify missionaries who fulfill Siler’s mission values.
- Require existing missionaries receiving support from Siler to complete an annual financial and project questionnaire.
- Provide oversight to Siler sponsored mission trips.
- Pledge to provide support to mission support agencies.
- Serve as a liaison between missionaries/mission agencies and the Siler congregation through:
- Updating the Mission Bulletin Board
- Inviting missionaries to speak in worship, to Sunday Schools, during VBS, etc.
- Maintaining ongoing email dialogue with missionaries
- Providing Moments for Missions during Sunday worship