Chairs - Dona Haney, Lee Flowers
Session Rep - Anita Hill
Committee shall be made up of:
- A current serving elder to act as an interface to the Session
- Other church members willing to serve
Mission Statement: To glorify God by welcoming and engaging visitors, offering membership classes and providing opportunities for members to serve.
- Chairman: (may also be co-chairmen) - is accountable to the Session for meeting the goals and mission of the Connection Committee. Will provide leadership and direction to the committee, chair monthly meetings, recruit and motivate the necessary committee members, and report regularly to the Session regarding progress and opportunities. The chairman will serve for a term of 2 years.
- Vice-Chairman –will be an active supporter of the chairman in the execution of their duties to prepare them to assume the role of chairman.
- Secretary – will act to make the chairman and the committee at large more efficient in the execution of their duties. Will record regular meeting minutes and communicate them to the committee. The secretary will assist in preparing regular status reports to keep Session informed.
Meeting Frequency: Monthly meetings/ third Tuesday at 7pm
- Pray for visitors
- Welcome visitors
- Direct visitors
- Assure adequate signage is in place
- Serve as hosts for the hospitality table
- Implement process for visitor follow-up through various communication methods.
- Manage content of Fellowship Pads/Connection Cards.
- Assist in membership classes
- Provide tools to identify and plug into service opportunities to visitors and members (ex: ministry volunteer fair)
- Create opportunities to develop friendships within the church